- Soy Milk
It is prepared by pounding and processing dried soybeans with water. You can find a variety of flavors including light, sweet, full-cream, vanilla, chocolate, etc. in the market. The density and creaminess of the milk may also vary greatly and it tastes even better than regular milk.
- The protein content is almost similar to cow milk (around 8 grams a cup).
- High in dietary fiber, calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin D, plant-based omega-3 fatty acid, antioxidants, phytoestrogen, manganese, selenium, phosphorus, choline, folate, etc.
- Very low in saturated fats and sugar
- Lactose and cholesterol-free
- Prevents prostate cancer, osteoporosis, cholesterol transportation, etc.
- Strengthens blood vessels
- Eases menopausal symptoms
- Oat Milk
This nutritious milk is made by pre-soaking the grains of oatmeal in water and straining the concotion carefully. It is sweet in taste and thick in consistency. A variety of flavor is available in the market and you are free to pick your favorite one.
- Fulfills almost 35% of our daily requirements of calcium
- Works as a ‘protein powerhouse’
- Fat and sugar content is very low.
- Contains no cholesterol or saturated fats
- Rich in soluble fibers, iron, vitamin A, vitamin D, folate, phytochemicals, etc.
- Prevents a number of cancers
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Promotes digestion and prevents constipation
- Increases ‘good cholesterol’ level and reduces ‘bad cholesterol’ level
- Makes the immune system stronger
- Keeps skin clean and acne-free
- Rice Milk
This thin and naturally sweetened milk substitute is prepared from brown rice grains and is considered as extremely healthy. You can also avail its vanilla-flavored version from your local supermarket.
- Has perfect proportions of protein and carbohydrate
- Great source of antioxidants, B-vitamins, vitamin D, calcium, etc.
- Gluten-free milk
- No saturated fat and cholesterol
- Very inexpensive
- Almond Milk
This wonderfully tasty vegan milk is made by pulverizing soaked almonds thoroughly. The sweet and nutty flavor and high nutrition make it highly popular among the lovers of dairy-free milk substitutes.
- Fulfills 30% of our daily requirements of calcium
- Contains 25% of our daily requirements of vitamin D
- Very low in calories (one servings offers only 30 calories)
- Enriched with proteins, omega-6 fatty acids, antioxidants, dietary fibers, vitamin E, iron, zinc, magnesium, etc.
- No saturated fats, cholesterol and lactose
- Gives immunity a boost
- Makes teeth and bones stronger
- Helps in healthy digestion
- Perks up the skin texture by offering anti-aging benefits
- Encourages weight loss
- Coconut Milk
It is another creamy, flavorful and nourishing alternative to regular milk, which is basically prepared by grating the ‘meaty’ flesh of ripe coconuts as well as extracting the concoction. You can get both ‘thick’ and ‘thin’ coconut milk for using as cooking ingredients and both of them are super tasty.
- High in dietary fibers, vitamin B-12, vitamin D, iron, calcium, manganese, copper, phosphorus, selenium, etc.
- Contains very less amount of sugar
- No fructose
- Helps in controlling blood sugar
- Strengthens both bones and blood vessels
- Prevents arthritis and osteoporosis
- Gives a feeling of fullness, thereby helping in weight loss
- Cashew Milk
Cashew milk has a natural vanilla flavor and it is made of a smooth, rich blend of water and cashew nuts. It is an amazingly tasty, absolutely creamy and highly satisfying milk beverage.
- Amazing source of proteins, B-vitamins, calcium, magnesium, copper, etc.
- Very low fat content
- Free of cholesterol
- Increases the production of RBCs (Red Blood Corpuscles)
- Promotes healthy metabolism
- Helps in tissue and bone formations
- Keeps cholesterol levels under control
- Enhances cardiovascular health
- Hazelnut Milk
Being derived from tasty and savory hazelnut, this milk tastes heavenly. It also has a nutty flavor, which is very much liked by people. Like all other vegan mil substitutes, it also has high nutrition value.
- High in healthy carbohydrates, vitamin B-12, vitamin D and calcium
- No saturated fats, lactose and cholesterol
- Takes care of bones and teeth
- Keeps you filled up for a long time
- Hemp Milk
It is prepared from the seeds of hemp tree and is regarded as one of the healthiest choices for dairy-free milk. It is widely known for its ‘earthy’ taste and nutty flavor.
- Contains as much as 10 essential amino acids
- Has a perfect omega-6 fatty acids to omega-3 fatty acids ratio
- Loaded with soluble fibers, proteins, vitamin B1, vitamin B5, calcium, potassium,
- Aids in muscle building
- Provides immense energy